About: CaribbeanStartups.com is the home of the Caribbean’s startup ecosystem. Currently, only 12% of the region has incubators and accelerators to support local businesses. We aim to bring that number to 100% by 2020. How? By being the central hub of startup activity in the region that facilitates continued programming and partnerships between entrepreneurs and program coordinators. Follow us on Facebook!
- The First Caribbean Startup Digital Accelerator: We accelerate 100 companies to market each year. Our 3-day online accelerator program targets Caribbean entrepreneurs from 20 Caricom countries and the global diaspora.
- Monthly Keynote Series Where successful Caribbean entrepreneurs from all over the world share top 5 lessons on how they launched and scaled their companies. All events are hosted online and free. RSVP Now.
- Annual Online Caribbean Startup Ecosystem Expo: an action-packed lunch hour where the top accelerators, incubators, and events present their programs to aspiring entrepreneurs of the Caribbean. Entrepreneurs will learn where to find funding, partnerships and amazing opportunities to accelerate to market. Each startup ecosystem presenter will present for 3 minutes. All presentation decks will be emailed out to attendees at the end of the program.
- Code it Caribbean hosts a series of monthly digital workshops to help entrepreneurs, careerists and students learn to code. Check often for schedule updates on workshop topics, speakers, and prizes. All digital workshops for 2016 are free.
- Central Startup Ecosystem Directory: We list all events, programs, and initiatives that advance entrepreneurship in the Caribbean. Startups now have a central place to find updates from local partners that can accelerate their growth. Local accelerators and incubators now have a medium to share their initiatives and achievements with entrepreneurs.
- Events Library: We list all of the major tech, business, and startup events within the region.
- Ecosystem Partnership Platform: We help facilitate the collaboration of government, incubators, accelerators and entrepreneurs by hosting monthly online roundtables, blasting monthly insights to 1000+ influencers.
- Caribbean Startup Ecosystem Roundtable Meetings- Each quarter, the representatives of startup programs from each country are invited to share insights, issues, and updates to ensure Caribbean-wide cross collaboration. Our aim is to facilitate a supportive network for our Caribbean entrepreneurs.
Annual Ecosystem Events
Launched 2011 Caribbean Beta Conference-was the region’s first annual Caribbean Tech Entrepreneurship conference. It brought together the smartest Caribbean minds in technology, creative industries and business on an events platform for them to show and tell how they are using the internet, mobile and social to solve problems, create opportunities and change the world.It was launched in 2011 and has seen just over 500 attendees from 5 Caribbean Countries; 30 teams of Entrepreneurs Pitch in the BETAPitch Startup Contest and Silicon Valley,US Caribbean Diaspora, Regional Speakers. Caribbean BETA was discontinued in 2012.
Launched 2015 ATECH* Conference is where the world’s most promising startups come to reset, connect and play. During this two-day event on the island of Aruba key global players in the technology and startup scene will discuss the future of tech, investing in startups and showcase the latest and greatest trends in the industry. Next one is September 2016
Caribbean Entrepreneur Conference September 2016- At the Caribbean Entrepreneur Conference we will work with you to build the pillars of YOUR business. You will be among other like-minded, success driven individuals all working towards one common goal…business success.
Launched 2016 Caribbean Startup Summit-Bringing together a truly global community of experts and business support to help you succeed in your startup journey and introducing you to the all new TEN Habitat: An ecosystem for birthing and nurturing new Caribbean ventures
Annual Online Caribbean Startup Ecosystem Expo: an action-packed lunch hour where the top accelerators, incubators, and events present their programs to aspiring entrepreneurs of the Caribbean. Entrepreneurs will learn where to find funding, partnerships and amazing opportunities to accelerate to market. Each startup ecosystem presenter will present for 3 minutes. All presentation decks will be emailed out to attendees at the end of the pro
TechBeach Conference- Launched in 2016-An intimate gathering of Founders, Executives, Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists meeting under the island sun to exchange knowledge, ideas, cultivate opportunities and build relationships.
Regional Tech Meetup: MC² is Miami Caribbean Code, an empowering ingenuity committed to fostering the bridge between Miami and the Caribbean region. MC²’s approach is to provide resources and education to empower today’s tech innovators in the Miami-Caribbean community and Caribbean region. Our vision is for entrepreneurs and innovators to achieve limitless technological advancements for future business success.
EmergeAmericas: Based in Miami, FL, but making an impact worldwide as not just a local tech hub, but a tech hub for the world, ‘eMerge Americas’ is where people and ideas come together connecting tech leaders and innovators in North America, Europe and Latin America. Its core roles: “a platform for the advancement of technology; a forum for idea exchange; and a launchpad for innovation.” The 2015 event met 10,000 attendees from 50 countries, 500 companies, 125 startups and 200 speakers.
Caribbean Investment Summit 2016 – Miami– The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) in collaboration with the Caribbean Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (CAIPA) will host the 3rd staging of the Caribbean Investment Summit. The event will be funded and co-organised by the Inter-American Development Bank as a part of a Regional Public Goods Initiative entitled: Support to Foreign Direct Investment in the Caribbean.
ANNUAL LATIN AMERICA & THE CARIBBEAN FIXED INCOME INVESTORS FORUM: The Latin America & the Caribbean Fixed Income Investors Forum is a 250 delegate pan-regional meeting focused on and designed alongside leading Fixed Income investors on Latin America including Central Banks, Pension Funds and Sovereign Reserves. The one day meeting will demystify the low yield environment and establish best practices in selection of external asset managers.
Caribbeans in Tech NYC-A collective for nurturing Caribbeans in Technology and Entrepreneurship. Link Up with Caribbeans In Tech happening on June 30th. This will be a celebration of Caribbean Heritage month, Immigrant Heritage month and the recharge of Caribbeans in Tech. *Note:June is Caribbean Heritage month in the USA.
PitchIt Caribbean: The PitchIT Caribbean Challenge is an event under the Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project (CMIP). The CMIP is part of the Entrepreneurship Program for Innovation in the Caribbean (EPIC) and is executed by a University of the West Indies Consortium consisting of UWI Consulting Inc., Mona School of Business and Management (MSBM) and the Mona Business Support Services (MBSS). Funded by the Government of Canada and executed by the World Bank, CMIP aims to develop the mobile app development ecosystem by bringing together mobile app developers, financiers, investors and industry players to accelerate the development of mobile app startups in the Caribbean.
Caribbean Innovation Competition: Caribbean Innovation Contest (CIC), through which entrepreneurs and firms can propose their ideas and develop them into profitable business models, while participating in training events, workshops and boot camps to be held in different Caribbean countries. Furthermore, CIC will allow winners to have access to expert mentors to support the process of idea commercialization.
Local Current Events
Coders of the Caribbean
The 48hr Hackathon for Caribbean Millennial lovers of Tech, Gadgets and Entrepreneurship
Where: Kingston, Jamaica
When: July 18th, 2016
Global Network Programs
Global Entrepreneur Week (Global)
Google for Entrepreneurs: We ourselves began in a garage nearly two decades ago and today we celebrate our entrepreneurial roots. Google for Entrepreneurs partners with startup communities and builds Campuses where entrepreneurs can learn, connect, and create companies that will change the world.Since 2011, we’ve launched Campuses and formed partnerships that support entrepreneurs across 125 countries.
Startup Weekend: In just 54 hours, you will experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup. As you learn how to create a real company, you’ll meet the very best mentors, investors, cofounders, and sponsors who are ready to help you get started. Your community is here to help you — find an event today!
Startup Week: Startup Week™ brings entrepreneurs, local leaders, and friends together over five days to build momentum and opportunity around your community’s unique entrepreneurial identity. Join in a celebration led by entrepreneurs and hosted in the entrepreneurial spaces you love.
Startup Grind: Startup Grind is the largest independent startup community, actively educating, inspiring, and connecting 400,000 founders in over 200 cities. We nurture startup ecosystems in 85 countries through events, media, and partnerships with organizations like Google for Entrepreneurs. The cornerstone of our global community are monthly events featuring successful local founders, innovators, educators and investors who share lessons learned on the road to building great companies. Founded in Silicon Valley, Startup Grind has now hosted 2,000 fireside chats since its founding in 2010. To date, Startup Grind has helped millions of entrepreneurs find mentorship, connect to partners and hires, pursue funding, and reach new users.