About: CaribbeanStartups.com is the home of the Caribbean’s startup ecosystem. Currently, only 12% of the region has incubators and accelerators to support local businesses. We aim to bring that number to 100% by 2020. How? By being the central hub of startup activity in the region that facilitates continued programming and partnerships between entrepreneurs and program coordinators. Follow us on Facebook!
- The First Caribbean Startup Digital Accelerator: We accelerate 100 companies to market each year. Our 3-day online accelerator program targets Caribbean entrepreneurs from 20 Caricom countries and the global diaspora.
- Monthly Keynote Series Where successful Caribbean entrepreneurs from all over the world share top 5 lessons on how they launched and scaled their companies. All events are hosted online and free. RSVP Now.
- Annual Online Caribbean Startup Ecosystem Expo: an action-packed lunch hour where the top accelerators, incubators, and events present their programs to aspiring entrepreneurs of the Caribbean. Entrepreneurs will learn where to find funding, partnerships and amazing opportunities to accelerate to market. Each startup ecosystem presenter will present for 3 minutes. All presentation decks will be emailed out to attendees at the end of the program.
- Code it Caribbean hosts a series of monthly digital workshops to help entrepreneurs, careerists and students learn to code. Check often for schedule updates on workshop topics, speakers, and prizes. All digital workshops for 2016 are free.
- Central Startup Ecosystem Directory: We list all events, programs, and initiatives that advance entrepreneurship in the Caribbean. Startups now have a central place to find updates from local partners that can accelerate their growth. Local accelerators and incubators now have a medium to share their initiatives and achievements with entrepreneurs.
- Events Library: We list all of the major tech, business, and startup events within the region.
- Ecosystem Partnership Platform: We help facilitate the collaboration of government, incubators, accelerators and entrepreneurs by hosting monthly online roundtables, blasting monthly insights to 1000+ influencers.
- Caribbean Startup Ecosystem Roundtable Meetings- Each quarter, the representatives of startup programs from each country are invited to share insights, issues, and updates to ensure Caribbean-wide cross collaboration. Our aim is to facilitate a supportive network for our Caribbean entrepreneurs.
Current Ecosystem Partners
We are cultivating a culture of entrepreneurship in the CARICOM region by recognizing, uplifting, encouraging and sharing tools and resources with entrepreneurs within the region. We share a distinctly Caribbean entrepreneurial story with hopes that we can help other entrepreneurs understand the unique dynamics that make Caribbean entrepreneurship. We share our successes, failures, limitations, strengths, strategies and the experiences which shaped us – made us Caribbean entrepreneurs – all in the name of making the Caribbean entrepreneurial journey a tad bit easier for those who dare to travel the path. More information at Caricomentrepreneur.com
Caribbeans in Tech is a professional networking group that brings together people of the Caribbean in effort to create value both externally but internally amongst its members. We will have monthly meetings to share ideas, express emotions and opinions on the topic of Caribbeans In Tech, discuss and share our businesses and collectively give value to one another. More information at http://www.caribbeansintech.com/our-events.html
Le Nouvelliste, the oldest Haitian daily newspaper offers daily objective news on Haiti. Le Nouvelliste, le plus ancien quotidien d’Haiti, offre chaque jour les grands points de lactualite politique, culturelle, sociale, economique, sportive, etc.
The Guardian is a British national daily newspaper, known until 1959 as the Manchester Guardian. Along with its sister papers The Observer and The Guardian Weekly, The Guardian is part of the Guardian Media Group, owned by The Scott Trust Limited.